1. Reference books of a general or specialized nature .
2. Books of fiction .
3. Books of biographies and autobiographies .
4. Books which supplement the college courses such as education , business , foreign languages , history , literature , etc.
5. General books not related to specific subjects and books on special fields not included in the college program of instruction .
6. Magazines and newspapers which include current issues and bound volumes .
7 . Government reports and publications.
8 . Pamphlets and clippings .
9. Audio - visual materials such as pictures , films , plates , slides .
10. Microfilms and microprints which are reduced photographic reproductions of rpinted materials .